- Chair & Professor
- Office: Doyle Center, Lake Shore Campus, Room 310
- Phone: 773-508-3572
- Fax: 773-508-3739
- Email: [email protected]
- Ph.D. Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, South Carolina, Thesis Title: Fast Parallel Algorithms and Enumeration Techniques for Partial-Trees, 1989.
- M.S. Computer Science, Indian Institute of Science, India, 1985.
- Research Scholar: Department of Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 1982-83.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Indian Institute of Science, India, 1982.
- B.Sc. (Major: Physics, Minors: Chemistry and Mathematics) Madurai University, India, 1979.
After completing his Ph.D. at Clemson University, Dr. Sekharan served as an assistant professor at the Center for Parallel Computation, Department of Computer Science, University of Central Florida. He joined Loyola’s faculty in the summer of 1993. He was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor in 1995 and to the rank of Professor in 2002. Dr. Sekharan’s main research interests include performance engineering and benchmarking in parallel and distributed computing environments, network optimization, and relational databases. He has published over 60 papers in the above areas. He has performed funded research for federal agencies such as NSF and US Army. He has consulted on high-performance software projects for United Airlines, Amoco Chemicals, and SAIC and on web-related intellectual property patent issues for Chicago area law firms. For a full list of his accomplishments, please refer to his CV